Director of User Advocacy
Marketing – User Advocacy
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
We're looking for a Director of User Advocacy to join Dataiku.
User Advocacy is a new-for-2019 initiative at Dataiku that seeks to align all user engagements across our paid users, free users, partner users, and academic users, to ensure coherence and maximize user engagement. This is a strategic initiative that is key to Dataiku’s mid- and long-term success, by ensuring that Dataiku’s user bases is growing, more engaged, and can be used as a force-multiplier to the Dataiku team.
This Director role will own all of the key objectives associated with the standing up and success of this initiative, and is therefore an excellent opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to make a direct impact on the trajectory of a cutting-edge technology company in its hyper-growth phase.
Given the cross-cutting nature of the initiative, this role will have direct interaction with the majority of the company, and will work closely with top management and the executive team.
- Define the User Advocacy strategy and the methodology for measuring its success
- Manage a global team of User Community Managers
- Oversee the setup and run of a user community online portal
- Ensure a positive user experience across Dataiku’s many web properties
- Grow the user base of Dataiku’s free edition
- Coordinate and communicate proactively with the many Dataiku teams that will be impacted by these activities
- Experience in User Community management in a B2B software company, ideally in the data, analytics, machine learning, and/or artificial intelligence spaces
- Experience managing a team, either on a project on ongoing basis
- Analytic, data-driven mindset for setting up and measuring user engagement metrics
- A bridge-building communication style, with excellent written and verbal skills, to collaborate proactively with the many teams at Dataiku on which the success of the role depends
- Experience working in a target driven environment, and the ability to work towards deadlines and in a fast paced environment
- Strong ambition and an appreciation for “reach” objectives, where the goal is to make a maximum impact with minimum resources.
- Opportunity to have significant responsibility at Dataiku early on and help scale the company in a meaningful and measurable way.
- Competitive compensation package, equity, health benefits, and paid vacation
- Trips to Paris
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate and driven team
- Dataiku has a strong culture based on key values: Ownership, Passion, Autonomy and Friendliness
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.