New York, United States
Finance – Accounting
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Empathetic, worldly, intellectually curious, deeply humble, and energized by change. People don't always talk about accountants this way, but we do. This is how we hope to describe the global accounting leader that will soon join the Dataiku Finance team.
Our ideal candidate is all of those things, plus has 15+ years of experience across public and private accounting firms, as well as public and private companies in in-house roles. On top of all that, we’d love someone who has been an accounting leader at the kind of company we are: a VC-backed, IPO-track software startup who has been doubling headcount and revenue for the past few years with lots of growth ahead of us!
- Oversee global accounting activities across five (soon to be seven) entities worldwide
- Manage all accounting policies, procedures, and controls worldwide
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal reporting requirements
- Implement and maintain accounting systems and tools.
- Manage multiple annual external audit process
- Lead accounting IPO preparations
- Identify insights to inform optimal business decisions and financial planning
- Manage and continue to build out the global accounting team
- 15+ years experience, ideally with a blend of public and private experience
- Experience managing international teams
- Experience in a senior accounting role at company going through an IPO or at a public company
- Experience managing the monthly close process at a global organizationBe an effective business partner with strong communication skills able to effectively collaborate across departments
- Demonstrated experience in a fast paced, fast growing technology company
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.