Regional VP of Sales - APAC
Sales – Sales Management
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
As the Regional VP of Sales, you’ll lead Sales Team with one main goal: drive the top line revenue for the region, acquire new logos and ensure that existing clients love our product and increase their use over-time.
Internally, you’ll be in charge of building the greatest team that you can with a mix of Account Executives.
You’ll be a critical piece of our management team and actively involved transversally on reducing any friction to grow the company. As such you’ll interact with the Region Marketing Manager, Head of Product, VP of Data Science, etc.
- Driving the top-line revenue for all the APAC region by acquiring new logos and driving upsells by fostering the adoption and use for existing clients.
- Defining the Go-To-Market strategy for APAC, by choosing the right verticals, territories, partners and aligning our marketing efforts on the field with the Marketing department
- Leading a strong customer-facing team of Account Executives, Sales Engineers, Alliance Managers, Customer Success Managers, SDRs, etc.
- Managing directly the Account Executives.
- Developing Executive relationship with key targets / top accounts (Chief Analytics Officers, VPs of Data Science, CIOs, etc), influencers, strategic partners and being recognized as an Industry Leader in the Advanced Analytics space
- Acting as a permanent coach for the team to implement our Value-based selling approaches (Customer Centric Selling) bringing the staff to the next level.
- Maintaining a high degree of transparency in pipeline management, pricing negotiations, territories allocations.
- 10+ years of experience in Software Sales and Sales Management, in a fast-growing company
- Experience of both big companies and startups is a must
- Genuine interest in solving customer problems, creating original solutions for them
- Clear evidence of building successful teams - specifically accelerating growth in team size (i.e. not ‘steady state’ team management)
- Experience in the full spectrum of team management, hiring, disciplinary, exit etc.
- Excellent understanding of managing a sales pipeline, including ability to motivate the team to self-create and close– pipeline management and time management skills
- Evidence of ability to adapt to a fast changing environment, international cultures, and distributed teams
- Tech / Engineering background, in addition to the human and customer-facing skills would be a strong advantage.
- Experience at hiring top talent and retaining them
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.