Software engineer in test
Engineering – QA
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
We are looking for an outstanding software test engineer.
Our R&D team creates Dataiku DSS, a cutting-edge product that allows data analysts to discover hidden insights. As a software engineer in test, your mission will be to ensure that we only deliver highest-quality products to our customers. You will play a crucial role in our success by helping our users have the best possible experience.
DSS is built on modern Web technologies (single page webapp with Angular/AngularJS) and integrates with a very large ecosystem of big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, MPP databases, Cloud services, ...) . Our software testing stack includes developer-led unit tests, automated backend integration testing, automated browser-side testing and some manual frontend testing.
At Dataiku, developers are involved in writing part of the automated integration tests together with the QA team.
As a software engineer in test, you responsibilities will include:
- Working on advanced automated test suites to exercice our applications at all levels
- Helping build and expand our test infrastructure and frameworks (virtual machines, containers, auto-provisioning, UI testing, ...)
- Ensuring that lessons are learnt from bugs in production
- Defining manual testing plans
- Working with the developers to ensure that they deliver testable code
You are the ideal recruit if:
- You have a passion for quality and a good attention to details
- You are not scared about technical challenges and technologies diversity
- You have a prior experience working on automated testing of an end-to-end application
- You know that Selenium is not only the name of the 34th element
- Experience with testing single-page web applications is a big plus, as is experience with big data technologies
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.