Data Scientist - New York
New York, United States /
Data Science – Data Science /
Dataiku allows enterprises to create value with their data in a human-centered way while breaking down silos and encouraging collaboration. One of the most unique characteristics of our product, Dataiku, is the breadth of its scope and the fact that it caters both to technical and non-technical users. With Dataiku, we aim to empower people through data and democratize data science.
The role of a Data Scientist at Dataiku is quite unique. Our Data Scientists not only code up solutions to real-world problems, but also participate in client-facing endeavors throughout the customer journey. This includes supporting their discovery of the platform, helping integrate Dataiku with other tools and technologies, some user training, and co-developing data science projects from design to deployment.
In this role you'll help the team:
- Co-develop production-level data science projects with our customers
- Analyze and investigate various kinds of data and machine learning applications across industries and use cases
- Help users discover and master the Dataiku platform, via user trainings, office hours, and ongoing consultative support
- Provide data science expertise both to customers and internally to Dataiku’s sales and marketing teams
- Develop custom Python or R-based “plugins” in collaboration with Solutions, R&D, and Product teams, to enhance Dataiku’s functionality
You might be a good fit for the role if you have:
- Curiosity and a desire to learn new topics and skills
- Empathy for others and an eagerness to share your knowledge and expertise with your colleagues, Dataiku’s customers, and the general public
- The ability to clearly explain complex topics to technical as well as non-technical audiences
- 2 - 10 years of experience with ML tools (e.g., Python, R)
- 2 - 10 years of experience building models
- Familiarity with data visualization in python, R
- Understanding of underlying data systems such as Cloud architectures, Hadoop, or SQL
Technical skills that may help you in the role:
- Experience with Consulting and/or Customer-facing Data Science roles
- Experience with Data Engineering or MLOps
- Experience building APIs
- Experience using enterprise data science tools
- Passion for teaching or public speaking
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast! In 2019, we achieved unicorn status, doubled in size and opened new offices across the globe. 2020 looked no different as we announced a $100 million Series D in August! We are now more than 600 Dataikers globally. Spanning from Sydney to Frankfurt, Denver to London, geography (and remote work) doesn’t stop Dataikers from working closely together and sharing experiences. Collaboration is key within our product and culture. We strive to create a sense of belonging and community while fostering diverse thinking by encouraging cross-team, cross-office interactions like our annual company offsite or Paris onboarding. Fly over to Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram to read stories about our culture, people, and success.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.