Business Development Representative
Sydney, Australia /
Sales – Sales Development /
Dataiku allows enterprises to create value with their data in a human-centered way while breaking down silos and encouraging collaboration. One of the most unique characteristics of our product, Dataiku, is the breadth of its scope and the fact that it caters both to technical and non-technical users. With Dataiku, we aim to empower people through data and democratize data science.
We are looking for a results-driven and hands-on Business Development Specialist to lead Dataiku business development activities. Located in Melbourne, your role will be to identify and qualify new sales opportunities to grow Dataiku sales for the APAC region.
In This Role You Will:
- Manage a large volume of daily inbound and outbound leads - connecting via phone, email and LinkedIn and qualifying them.
- Engage with our Sales and Marketing executives to design, research and execute outbound vertical and/or geographical markets campaigns to grow sales pipeline in a dedicated territory.
- Work with our Sales Executives to prospect and close large enterprise dealsEducate and nurture early-phase prospects for potential future opportunities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Dataiku DSS and its value proposition and an understanding of the Big Data ecosystem.
- Converse with data and business leaders from SMB to high-growth companies, to large multinationals in industries such as e-commerce, retail, bank, insurance, utilities, and transport.
- Analyze and report on your weekly activities to identify potential optimizations
You Might Be A Good Fit If You Have:
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Some relevant experience and proven success in sales or business development in the software / tech industry or in a startup.
- The ability to understand the sales development process and technology stack and ensure its adoption.
- You are a self-starter motivated to constantly improve and optimize the process to drive performance.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills with the ability to handle pressure and a high volume of tasks in a result-oriented environment.
- You are analytical and understand the need to track everything you do.
- You are interested in innovative issues as Data Science and Predictive Analysis
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast! In 2019, we achieved unicorn status, doubled in size and opened new offices across the globe. 2020 looked no different as we announced a $100 million Series D in August! We are now more than 600 Dataikers globally. Spanning from Sydney to Frankfurt, Denver to London, geography (and remote work) doesn’t stop Dataikers from working closely together and sharing experiences. Collaboration is key within our product and culture. We strive to create a sense of belonging and community while fostering diverse thinking by encouraging cross-team, cross-office interactions like our annual company offsite or Paris onboarding. Fly over to Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram to read stories about our culture, people, and success.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.