Curriculum Development Specialist - Data Science
New York, United States
Strategic – Academics
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Dataiku is building out our Academic Program and hiring a Curriculum Development Specialist to join our team in the US. In this role, you will be the team's expert in higher education and develop real-world knowledge in analytics / tools valued among faculty and senior administrators.
Your core responsibility will be in designing and facilitating a comprehensive set of curriculum(s) and content for universities and colleges across the U.S. integrated with our software, DSS. This content will be comprised of a variety of materials, including written how-tos, tutorials, use cases and full semester length courses around the subject matter of predictive analytics and machine learning.
This preferred location of this position is in our headquarters in New York City, but are open to considering remote candidates in the U.S.
- Develop training and teaching content and materials using interactive and engaging instructional techniques including written and video
- Develop projects around predictive analytics and machine learning
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, research content, and develop curriculum and foundation materials that can be deployed at the graduate level
- Follow a processes and procedure by which new content is created, updated, reviewed, and published
- Experience conducting traditional classroom and/or web-based, e-learning and blended learning delivery curriculum in a higher education setting In-depth knowledge of statistical and data science concepts
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey core organizational value propositions as well as be conversant in a variety of topics directly related to higher education
- Strong knowledge in predictive analytics and machine learning concepts
- Strong knowledge of other statistical software (R & Python)
- Professional knowledge of content production concepts and tools including Git, Restructured Text (RST), and Sphinx
- Familiarity with the greater data ecosystem (e.g. RDBMS, Hadoop, Spark, Kubernetes)
- Willingness to work on a team and in a fast-paced, collaborative, start-up environment
- PhD, STEM, Data Science or MBA preferred
- Professional practice in Data Science highly valued
- Prior experience using Dataiku software is highly valued
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.