Technical Support Engineer
Support – Support
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Dataiku is looking for an experienced Technical Support engineer to join its rapidly growing international team and Singapore office (with members distributed across the US, EMEA, and APAC regions). The ideal candidate is an autonomous individual who is passionate about getting big data and data science technologies working together to solve business problems, and who will efficiently help customers solve their technical issues with Dataiku DSS. It is a great opportunity to join Dataiku early on and help scale that critical function for the company.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you are a polished communicator and a trusted technical resource. You have worked with sophisticated/demanding customers, and you demonstrate excellent judgment in prioritization and are a multi-tasker. You love learning new cutting-edge technologies and getting your hands dirty to solve challenging technical problems. You are naturally driven to become the expert in the space.
- Providing technical solutions and responding to technical requests from customers through our different channels: mail, chat, web conference, and support portal
- Managing and resolving support issues with a high degree of technical complexity
- Acting as a liaison between clients and other Dataiku teams (Customer Success, Engineering, Data Science, etc.) to help deliver a fast and efficient resolution to issues or questions raised from various customersImprove efficiencies by documenting and standardizing support processes for our customers along with capturing/developing best practices
- Developing tools that will help in diagnosing, resolving or triaging hard-to-get-at problems as efficiently and promptly as possible
- Documenting knowledge in the form of incident notes, technical articles, and contributions to knowledge base or forums within specific areas of expertise
- Timely follow-up on customer commitments, effectively prioritizing process / product refinements; relaying lessons learned and feedback internally to our other client-facing and technical teams
- BS in an Engineering or advanced analytics field, or equivalent practical experience
- A strong competency in technical problem solving, with experience in working with advanced log analysis and various debugging techniques
- Working proficiency with Unix-based operating systems and general systems administration knowledge (i.e. command line interface, SSH, handling permissions, file limits, networking, resource utilization, etc.)
- Experience working with a programming language
- Experience working with at least one type of relational database and SQL
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to be autonomous, resourceful, and a proactive self-starter, while also remaining process-oriented and a team player
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interface both with technical and non-technical individuals as needed
Nice to haves...
- At least 3-5 years of experience minimum in a client-facing engineering or technical role, ideally involving a complex and rapidly evolving software/product
- Technical understanding of the analytics and big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, SQL databases and Data Warehouses) is a definite plus
- Prior experience with and demonstrated interest in staying up to date on the latest data technologies (Python, R, Hadoop, Jupyter notebooks, Spark, H2O, Docker/Kubernetes, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Python and/or R
- Experience working with various APIs
- Experience with authentication and authorization systems like LDAP, SAML, and Kerberos
- Working knowledge of various cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Some knowledge in data science and/or machine learning
- Opportunity to join Dataiku early on and help scale the company
- Competitive compensation package, equity, health benefits, and paid vacation
- Trips to Paris (our European HQ)
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate and driven team
- Dataiku has a strong culture based on key values: Ownership, Passion, Autonomy and Friendliness
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.