Regional VP of Sales - East Coast
New York, United States
Sales – Sales Management
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Dataiku is hiring a Vice President of Sales to oversee our East Coast direct sales team. As the VP of Sales, you’ll lead and drive the top line revenue for the Eastern region, acquire new logos, ensure existing clients love our product, and increase their use over-time. Internally, you’ll be in charge of building the greatest team that you can with a mix of Account Executives and play a critical part of our leadership team. We have a strong preference for this person to be based in our global headquarters in New York City, but are open to considering candidates remotely on the East Coast.
- Drive top-line revenue for North America by acquiring new logos and managing upsells through fostered adoption and use by existing clients
- Contribute to the overall US strategy for the East Coast by choosing the right verticals, territories, partners and aligning our marketing efforts on the field with the Marketing department
- Manage the Account Executives and act as a permanent coach for the team to implement our value-based selling approaches (Customer Centric Selling) bringing the staff to the next level
- Develop Executive relationships with key targets / top accounts (Director of Analytics, VPs of Data Science, etc.)
- Interact with other customer facing teams to achieve goals: Sales Engineers, Partner Managers, Customer Success Managers, SDRs, etc.
- Maintain transparency in pipeline management, pricing negotiations, territories allocations with top management
- 10+ years of experience in Software Sales and 5+ years of experience in Sales Management
- Clear evidence of building successful teams in an accelerated growth environment (i.e. not ‘steady state’ team management)
- Experience in the full spectrum of team management, hiring, disciplinary, exit, onboarding, enabling, coaching, mentoring etc.
- Excellent understanding of managing the sales pipeline, including ability to motivate the team around creating opportunities, closing, pipeline management, and time management skills
- Demonstrated track record of closing both run-rate business (100K+) as well as multi-million dollar transactions and managing longer complex enterprise deals
- Experience in both big companies and startups is a must
- Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment, international cultures, and distributed teams
- Evidence of hiring and retention of top talent
- Experience in ‘data’ – big data, analytics, data science, BI/DW, data integration a major plus
- Tech / Engineering background, in addition to the human and customer-facing skills would be a strong advantage
- Opportunity to join Dataiku early on and help scale the company
- Competitive compensation package, equity, health benefits, and paid vacation
- Trips to Paris (our European HQ)
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate and driven team
- Dataiku has a strong culture based on key values: Ownership, Passion, Autonomy and Friendliness
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.