Data Scientist - AI Consulting
New York, United States /
Data Science – AI Consulting /
Dataiku allows enterprises to create value with their data in a human-centered way while breaking down silos and encouraging collaboration. One of the most unique characteristics of our product, Dataiku, is the breadth of its scope and the fact that it caters both to technical and non-technical users. With Dataiku, we aim to empower people through data and democratize data science.
Dataiku’s promise to our customers is to provide them with the software and support needed to accelerate their Data Science and Machine Learning maturity. In this context, Dataiku’s AI Consulting team is responsible for helping customers identify, qualify, implement, and deploy AI use cases. In particular, the AI Consulting team manages end-to-end AI Projects, from the initial proof-of-concept until the operationalization of an optimized solution, in collaboration with Dataiku’s Data Science team.
As an AI Consulting Data Scientist at Dataiku, you will be involved at each stage of the AI project lifecycle. You will get hands-on experience using DSS and applying the latest machine learning approaches and data architectures to business use cases.
Our ideal candidate is a problem solver who enjoys understanding in depth business challenges and defining and implementing innovative solutions. This team is new and growing, and they would be comfortable with ambiguity and self-identifying areas of opportunity for improvement. They should also be excited about learning new technologies and modeling techniques while being able to explain their work to other data scientists and clients.
In this role, you'll help the team:
- Present Dataiku’s AI Consulting offering to our customers and promote it internally
- Help customers identify and prioritize potential AI use cases relevant for their business context
- Analyze in depth our customers’ most promising AI use cases to understand their context, objectives, constraints and asses their feasibility and potential value
- Propose the right technical approach for a given AI use case and formalize it in a financial and technical proposal
- Codify and improve Dataiku’s methodology for managing successful AI projects
- Project manage the delivery of the projects
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Strong interest in understanding complex business challenges and imagining innovative solutions to solve them
- Curiosity and a desire to learn new topics and skills
- Empathy for others and an eagerness to share your knowledge and expertise with your colleagues, Dataiku’s customers, and the general public
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years of experience building machine learning systems applied to business problems
- 2+ years of experience with R or Python
Bonus points for any of these:
- Consulting engagement management experience
- Experience in creating Technical content (e.g., documentation, blog posts, tutorials)
- Exposure to a wide range of enterprise customers across industries, Examples of Dataiku’s hundreds of customers include GE, Unilever, Comcast, Ubisoft, OVH, Santander, and Capgemini
- A wide diversity of projects and tasks ensures that no two days will be alike
- Opportunity to contribute to the core vision of our company and product: simplify and democratize the way people work with data and use Artificial Intelligence
- Exposure to the latest, open-source technologies that Dataiku integrates. See our release notes for our latest developments: Dataiku Release Notes
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate, and driven team in hyper growth mode
- Dataiku has a strong culture based on key values: Transparency, Ambition, Excellence, Humility, and Empathy
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast! In 2019, we achieved unicorn status, doubled in size and opened new offices across the globe. 2020 looked no different as we announced a $100 million Series D in August! We are now more than 600 Dataikers globally. Spanning from Sydney to Frankfurt, Denver to London, geography (and remote work) doesn’t stop Dataikers from working closely together and sharing experiences. Collaboration is key within our product and culture. We strive to create a sense of belonging and community while fostering diverse thinking by encouraging cross-team, cross-office interactions like our annual company offsite or Paris onboarding. Fly over to Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram to read stories about our culture, people, and success.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.