Legal – Legal
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Dataiku is looking for a Legal Intern! You will play a key role in helping Dataiku implement a contract management system and learn about various aspects of commercial law. You'll enjoy the benefits of being in a position that makes an impact at a fast growing company in an ever-changing environment!
Here are some of the things you would do:
- Assist with properly tagging and categorizing documents as part of the contract management system implementation.
- Create contract records in the contract management system and use of other e-based tools.
- Initial preparation of legal documents such as contracts, correspondences and summaries.
- Provide contract information/interpretation to other members of the Legal department on the provisions of specific agreements as well as local legal issues that might impact the business.
- Create, review, analyze and maintain legal and other business documents.
Here's what we'd expect from you:
- Available to start in September 2019.
- Graduated from a Master’s Degree Law (Business Law or Contract Law; specialized or interested in new technologies would be a great plus).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with shifting deadlines and priorities; and work independently when required.
- Desire to learn about Dataiku’s business and the legal issues that apply to Dataiku.
- The ability to professionally and efficiently communicate (written and orally) complex legal and business issues.
- A strong desire to learn new things and quickly apply that knowledge to specific tasks.
- Past experience working with or implementing a contract management system is a plus.
- Past experience at a VC backed startup is a plus.
- Good English skills, German is a plus.
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.