Sales – Sales Engineering
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Dataiku is looking for experienced Sales Engineer data science specialists to join our Sales Engineering team in Middle East. You could be based in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
The role consists in supporting Dataiku's sales efforts along the following three categories:
Building Interest in Dataiku:
Positioning the value of our technology in front of prospective clients
Building and delivering demonstrations of the project, on data and use cases relevant to the prospect, and to their specific circumstances
Building Solutions in Dataiku:
Sales Engineers are the primary builders of solutions that match the customer's needs with the capabilities of our technology, which require:
Knowledge of adjacent technologies, including:
Data storage and computing infrastructure for data of all sizes (SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, on-premise, and cloud)
Machine learning libraries and techniques, their respective strengths and limitations
Visualization and dashboarding solutions
Competing for analytics and data science platforms and their respective strengths and weaknesses
The capabilities of Dataiku's technology in great depth
The value which Dataiku's technology has delivered to other customers through in-depth knowledge of use cases, user stories, and the way in which the value that Dataiku delivers can be calculated
Building Evaluations of Dataiku:
The Sales Engineer supports prospective clients that wish to evaluate our technology by:
Structuring evaluations by identifying the core capabilities that need to be tested, and defining the most efficient way for them to be tested
Building the evaluation project plan, with detailed timelines and responsibilities
Marshalling the necessary resources from within Dataiku and the client organization in order to ensure that the evaluation progresses efficiently
Monitoring and ensuring that the evaluation goes to plan, and addressing any issues that may come up during the evaluation
- We're looking for someone who can express passion about the data science, and communicate this passion to our customers.
- 5+ Years Experience in Data Science and Analytics
- Experience in complex / large-scale enterprise analytics deployment
- Familiarity with the open source ecosystems: Hadoop, Python, R, H2O, ..
- Travel 10 to 40%
- Assist in all phases of the pre-sales process for solution selling
- Work with multiple Account Executives & partners to support opportunity qualification process
- Direct presentations to prospective customers and partners using knowledge of industry trends and standards and common industry challenges coupled with Dataiku solution knowledge
- Prepare technical part of response to RFPs and RFIs
- Drive the process of delivering high-quality product and architecture presentations and demonstrations
- Configure the Dataiku product and demonstrate advanced product concepts
- Train partners and customers on products and features and assist in implementation of the product.
- Customize and present Customer Presentations for every Customer/Industry/Role
- Ensure to follow up on problems and process independently related to solutions engineering whatever in pre-sale or implementation capacity ensuring excellent customer experience.
- Lead validation and implementation of technical requirements with customers ensuring smooth deployment of solution, working with the R&D & Operations.
- Assist account teams in ensuring customer satisfaction
- Represent Dataiku as a general industry Subject Matter Expert
- Great communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to promote our software through smart blog posts, meet-ups and speaker engagements
Desired Skills and Experience:
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.