Global Tax Director
New York, United States
Finance – Accounting
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Dataiku is looking for its first ever dedicated tax specialist as it builds out its finance and accounting teams in the US and globally. To support the growing needs of our growing company -- like going from 200 to 450 people in 2019! -- we’re seeking a generalist tax professional (with strong international tax experience) to help us with various strategic and tactical tax issues across all geographies.
As our first tax hire, there's nothing related to tax that you won’t have an impact on! That means income tax, sales tax, VAT, transfer pricing, new entity creation, and much more.
- Research, interpret, and make recommendations regarding various tax law and regulations, including international, federal, and state tax law
- Lead transfer pricing analysis efforts and documentation requirements, including country-by-country reporting
- Lead international tax structuring efforts, such as considering when and if to transfer ownership of IP to existing or to-be-created Dataiku legal entities
- Understand tax requirements for new country entry creation
- Assist outside tax advisors in the preparation of various federal, state, and non-US tax forms
- Coordinate all aspects of US and non-US tax compliance, such as preparing tax return workpapers, reviewing tax returns prepared by tax advisors, processing tax payments and responding to audit inquiries
- Prepare US tax provision and related financial statement footnotes
- Complying with accounting month close processesAssist in performing due diligence for acquisitions, tax audits and other tax reporting
- FBAR filing for US employees
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- 8-20 years tax experience, ideally both in-house and advisory experience
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment
- Proven ability to diagnose problems using critical thinking skills and drive appropriate solutions
- Demonstrable ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Able to handle projects with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities
- Able to work both on a team (as member and / or leader) and independently to deliver results
- Project management and leadership competencies such as self-motivation, time management and organizational skills, attention to detail, adaptability, flexibility, and drive
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.