Competitive Intelligence Manager - US
New York, United States
Product – Product
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
The Competitive Intelligence Manager actively develops and owns competitive strategies and executing competitive programs that ensure Dataiku Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing teams and Customers Success team have the training, tools, and programs to compete effectively in the marketplace.
- Work with Sales, Pre-Sales, SDR, Data Scientists, Product and Marketing to gather information worthy and develop and improve reporting and information necessary for each team on competition
- Measure how often we face competitors in our current pipeline, understand the recurrent patterns to infer the actual go to market strategies of our competitors.
- Conduct surveys or interviews amongst users, customers, leads, partners, and colleagues to analyse competitors position and traction.
- Centralize all information and animate the discussion about the competition internally with anyone interested in.
- Provide business analysis and internal responses to competitive announcements.
- Regularly update Global Leadership Team on competitive positioning and strategies
- Serve as a resource for Customer Facing people from Sales to support team xin competitive situations; discuss and set into motion competitive tactics for minimizing the negative impact of competitive threats.
- Create in-depth competitor profiles and documentation, specialized competitive materials and product marketing and development activities such as collateral and recommendations for operational response.
- Training -- Speak, provide presentations, and train customers facing people on pricing strategy, value positioning, and competitiveness.
Collect competitive information including pricing, discount, product positioning, product gaps, marketing message, acquisition, fundraising, current strategies, expansion plans and other company information
Articulate competitive information, communicate to internal stakeholders and structure our strategic and operational answers to competitive threats
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.