Legal Counsel - London
London, United Kingdom
Legal – Legal
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Dataiku is looking for a strategic thinking Legal Counsel who will support our day to day business and who will be passionate about helping us grow our company.
Your role will have a heavy focus supporting Sales and Partnerships negotiating commercial agreements with our customers and partners, but you will also handle other matters, including compliance policies, labor and employment, corporate governance, M&A, IP, marketing, and international expansion.
You should have a pragmatic and business minded approach to tackling legal issues for all of Dataiku’s business units. You should find joy working in a fast paced, international and always changing environment. You should feel confident stepping into a generalist role and be ready to learn and contribute in areas outside of your core expertise.
This position is based in London.
What you’ll be doing with us:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements, including software licensing agreements, partner agreements, nondisclosure agreements, services agreements, and vendor agreements, for the UK, Ireland, and other countries in Northern and Central Europe and the Middle East.
- Provide support to the HR team and management team relating to labor and employment matters in particular for the UK office.
- Helping to draft and update Dataiku’s internal policies, processes and training programs.
- Provide support on data privacy and GDPR (or equivalent) related issues.
- Assist with M&A, corporate, and other legal matters as needed by the company.
What we need from you:
- Qualified experience, in particular negotiation of software licenses or SaaS contracts (either in-house and/or at a law firm).
- Experience leading negotiations against sophisticated counterparties, including large, multinational corporations.
- LLB or LLM in Law.
- Knowledge of UK labor law.
- Knowledge of privacy, data security, and intellectual property law.
- Clear communication skills, exceptional judgment, and a practical business friendly approach to practicing law.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay poised under pressure.
- Team oriented.
- Friendly and approachable.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with any of: corporate governance, M&A and venture financing transactions, capital markets.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Past roles at a VC backed startup or other high growth environment
- Experience at a technology company.
- Fluency in other languages, particularly German and/or French
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.