Senior Product Manager - London
London, United Kingdom /
Product – Product /
Dataiku allows enterprises to create value with their data in a human-centered way while breaking down silos and encouraging collaboration. One of the most unique characteristics of our product, Data Science Studio (DSS), is the breadth of its scope and the fact that it caters both to technical and non-technical users. Through DSS, we aim to empower people through data and democratize data science.
Dataiku is looking for a Senior Product Manager to support the development of our new product Governance Hub (GH). GH is an application that monitors and manages data initiatives across the various departments of a company. It ensures that good practices and governance rules are enforced. It is fully customizable to fit policies and processes of the company.
This is a full-time position either based in one of our main European offices (London or Paris) or remote.
The role of the Senior Product Manager involves a mixture of technical skills and communication skills. The Senior Product Manager drives the life of the entire product, from prioritisation of the roadmap, structuring of its key components to features development.
Dataiku is a young company with great momentum and at this early stage, the Senior Product Manager is likely to work cross-functionally with Sales, Product Management, Data Science, Engineering, and Marketing. We’re looking for someone who can express passion about the new technologies and possibilities of Big Data and Advanced Analytics.
What you'll do:
- Work with the engineering, UX leads and data science team to set strategy, define the feature, and make critical decisions between performance, features, and speed-to-market.
- Support the Product Management, Marketing and Data Science Content teams during the launch activities to produce the necessary content for marketing and for the users documentation.
- Identify market opportunities and conduct customer/user research interview in conjunction with Field Product Manager
- Deliver product management analysis and artifacts, including market requirements, feature roadmap, and customer experience artifacts.
- Communicate information about our product and its usage, internally and externally
- Review and analyze tools and competition strategy.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have experience with formal business processes in large or regulated industries.
- You have a BA/BS in Computer Science, Data Science or related technical field or equivalent.
- You have 8 years of related work experience.
- You proved your ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- You have experience developing and delivering professional software products.
Bonus point if you have:
- MS, MBA, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or related technical field or equivalent.
- An ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
- Ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Excellent problem-solving, organisational, and analytical skills.
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast! In 2019, we achieved unicorn status, went from 200 to 400 people and opened new offices across the globe. Spanning from Sydney to Frankfurt, Denver to London, geography doesn’t stop Dataikers from working closely together and sharing experiences. Collaboration is key within our product and culture. We strive to create a sense of belonging and community while fostering diverse thinking by encouraging cross-team, cross-office interactions like our annual company offsite or Paris onboarding. Fly over to Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram to read stories about our culture, people, and success.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.