Academic Program Specialist
Denver, United States
Business Operations – Strategy
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
The Dataiku Academic Program Specialist is responsible for increasing the adoption of Dataiku software by higher education faculty, promoting skill building, and developing connections between academic institutions and Dataiku commercial customers.
- The Academic Program Specialist will foster and maintain relationships with higher education stakeholders to maximize the use of Dataiku software.
- Deliver presentations on Dataiku software capabilities to higher education audiences on college and university campuses, at workshops, trade shows, and conferences.
- Partner with Dataiku internal teams to ensure successful deployment and engagement with Dataiku software.
- Work with higher education institutions, faculty, and support personnel to establish courses and programs in key focus areas.
- Complete up-to-date tracking and documentation of all activities and engagements with academic institutions and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Director in building and expanding programs throughout the academic community.
Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate core organizational value propositions as well as be conversant in a variety of topics directly related to higher education.
- Prior experience using Dataiku software is highly valued. Prior experience using other statistical software (R & Python) is also valued.
- Prior experience with workforce development and aligning graduates with jobs is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with multidisciplinary collaboration within higher education is preferred.
- Willingness to work on a team and in a collaborative environment
- Willingness to perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
Experience and Education Required:
- 3+ years of experience within the higher education sector as either a faculty member, curriculum content expert, development or sales. Experience should be with public or private-not-for-profit institutions.
- Connections to faculty, administrators, or professionals in higher education which they can draw from to help foster and maintain connections for consideration and adoption of Dataiku.
- A strong working knowledge of higher education systems across the focused region
- A willingness to become an expert in higher education and develop knowledge in analytics that is valued among faculty and senior administrators.
- Opportunity to join Dataiku early on and help scale the company
- Competitive compensation package, equity, health benefits, and paid vacation
- Trips to Paris (our European HQ)
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate and driven team
- Dataiku has a strong culture based on key values: Ownership, Passion, Autonomy and Friendliness
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.