Director of Global Total Rewards
New York, United States
People Operations – People Operations
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
The Director, Global Total Rewards will work closely with Dataiku’s Chief People Officer to build a best in class global total rewards program inclusive of compensation, equity, benefits and mobility for a global workforce of 400+ employees. This strategic position is responsible for the development, implementation, communication, support and administration of Dataiku’s worldwide compensation & benefits programs as well as lead the effort in streamlining Dataiku’s HR systems that will enable the company to attract, reward, and retain top talent.
- Partner with the Chief People Officer to define our employee compensation programs to ensure compensation are market competitive and enable Dataiku to attract and retain top talent.
- Lead the bi-annual salary review process to ensure performance assessments equitably align with merit and bonus awards across departments.
- Monitor employees' placement within the compensation ranges and recommend salary adjustments where needed to retain top talent and/or ensure pay practices remain competitive for the role and/or market conditions.
- Manage annual bonus programs which includes partnering with senior leaders to ensure these programs drive employee's focus on what is needed to achieve business goals. Continually benchmark and/or revise incentive plans as needed to ensure they are both competitive and supporting the achievement of key business initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring the Company's benefits strategy and plans are compelling, competitive and cost effective. This entails consistent review and annual industry benchmarking of retirement, health, dental, vision, disability, life and other well-being related offerings.
- Build and oversee the relocation of internal employees and new hires, ensuring both a positive experience
- Survey the tech landscape to manage the RFP and selection process of appropriate systems to support the success of this function
- 8+ years experience with demonstrated experience in total rewards with at least 5 years in compensation at a high-growth technology company
- BA/BS in Business Administration, MBA preferred
- Progressive experience in base compensation, market pricing, variable pay, job evaluation/architecture, and cost modeling on a global scale
- Global benefit experience including knowledge of health and wellness plans, time off practices, and retirement plans
- A strong preference towards teamwork and ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced, high growth, deadline oriented environment, while handling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Capability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Deep business acumen
- Outstanding change management and communication skills
- Opportunity to join Dataiku early on and help scale the company
- Competitive compensation package, equity, health benefits, and paid vacation
- Trips to Paris (our European HQ)
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate and driven team
- Dataiku has a strong culture based on key values: Ownership, Passion, Autonomy and Friendliness
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.