Full Stack Engineer - DSS
Engineering – Engineering
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
As a full stack developer in the Dataiku engineering team, you will play a crucial role in helping us have a real impact on the daily life of data analysts and scientists. You will be joining one of 3 teams that develop new features and improve existing parts of Data Science Studio (DSS) based on user feedback.
DSS is an on-premises application that connects together all big data technologies. We work with SQL databases, Spark, Kubernetes, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, MLlib, scikit-learn, Shiny, … and many more. Basically, our technological stack is made of all the technologies present in Technoslavia!
Our backend is mainly written in Java but also includes large chunks in Scala, Python and R. Our frontend is based on Angular and also makes vast usage of d3.js.
One of the most unique characteristics of DSS is the breadth of its scope and the fact that it caters both to data analysts (with visual and easy to use analytics) and data scientists (with deep integration in code and libraries, and a web-based IDE).
This is a full-time position, based in France either in our Paris office or remote.
- Turn ideas or simplistic specifications into full-fledged product features, including unit and end-to-end tests.
- Tackle complex problems that range from performance and scalability to usability, so that complicated machineries look straightforward and simple to use for our users.
- Help your coworkers: review code, spread your technical expertise, improve our tool chain
- Bring your energy to the team!
You are the ideal recruit if
- You know that ACID is not a chemistry term.
- You have a first experience (either professional or personal) building a real product or working with big data or cloud technologies.
- Initial call with the talent acquisition manager
- On-site meeting (or video call) with the hiring manager
- Home test to show your skills
- Final on-site interviews
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast! In 2019, we achieved unicorn status, went from 200 to 400 people and opened new offices across the globe. We now serve our global customer base from our headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Amsterdam, Denver, Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney and Dubaï. Each of them has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes!