Senior SQL Developer
Germantown, MD /
Marketing Technologies – Database Development /
DataLab USA™ is an analytics and technology driven database marketing consultancy. We combine sophisticated technology, cutting edge analytics and an intrinsic understanding of marketing to build large-scale addressable marketing programs for Fortune 500 companies. Our clients operate in multiple verticals: Financial Services, Insurance, Telcom, and Travel & Leisure.
Because of our success, we are growing at a rapid pace. We have placed in the INC 5000 list of fastest growing private companies for four times in the last ten years. At its heart, DataLab USA™ has the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We judge ourselves on our ability to innovate, drive efficiency and deliver excellence for our clients.
DataLab’s Marketing Technology Team is at the core of creating and executing value creation for our clients. Our technology team’s problem solving, and efficiencies translate into positive ROI and success for our clients.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and maintain a multi-terabyte database solution which includes all US households with billions of associated transactions. The solutions needs to support client business objectives through advanced data analysis, modeling, targeting and result analysis.
• Work with Technical Team Lead and clients to define program requirements
• Monitor and tune database resources and activities for SQL Server databases
• Build complex SQL queries for data analysis and data extract
• Build and maintain update and extraction processes.
• Participate in the creation of technical documentation and training material.
• Develop production scripts, tables, stored procedures, views and functions
• Develop quality control for production/campaign tasks
• Develop automated reporting
• Set up data warehousing metadata
• Set up new ETL feeds and QC as needed
• Build initial data utilization routines
• Execute and maintain campaign universe preparation and suppression update, campaign selection, and campaign creative assignment scripts
• Understand the technical environment and data available within DataLab
• Understand account ‘s business objectives, terminology and business requirements
• Understand DataLab’s hygiene and matching process for data
• Ad hoc code review, DB data audit, log audit, process replication, report generation, data extracts
• Create process overviews, process flows, run notes and code notes
• Proactively identify owned production processes that need enhancement
• Troubleshoot production processes
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology field
• 5+ years work experience
• Direct Marketing experience or knowledge a plus
• Certifications/Technical training are a plus
• Strong SQL and Microsoft Excel skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word
• Ability to translate high level instructions into an executable process flow
• Ability to learn MoveIT
• Experience with C# or Python a plus
• Structured programming skills – object-oriented design knowledge
• Attention to detail
• Documentation and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment
DataLab USA™ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
All offers of employment are contingent on passing a background check and drug test.