Third Party Data Manager
Germantown, MD /
Data Solutions – Third Party Data /
DataLab USA™ is an analytics and technology driven database marketing consultancy. We combine sophisticated technology, cutting edge analytics and an intrinsic understanding of marketing to build large-scale addressable marketing programs for Fortune 500 companies. Our clients operate in multiple verticals: Financial Services, Insurance, Telcom, and Travel & Leisure.
We have placed in the INC 5000 list of fastest growing private companies for six times in the last ten years. At its heart, DataLab USA™ has the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We judge ourselves on our ability to innovate, drive efficiency and deliver excellence for our clients.
The Third Party Data Manager assists in the coordination between DataLab’s third party data supplier partners and the internal product development, data services, and analytical teams at DataLab. This role provides essential support to both partners and clients who contract with DataLab for database marketing services. This role requires a high level of problem solving and research skills to troubleshoot client challenges.
To be successful in this position you must have an aptitude for technology and the ability to learn the business and vendor relationships quickly, as well as a passion for excellent customer service, improving business processes, and recommending best data practices. Excellent communication, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills are essential.
· Act as primary point of contact between third party vendors and DataLab’s product development and analytics teams.
· Responsible for daily third party vendor communication via telephone, email, and online presentation tools.
· Respond in a timely manner to a wide variety of internal client inquiries.
· Coordinate and lead internal and external data team meetings.
· Professionally and diplomatically resolve difficult issues regarding production concerns and other matters as necessary
· Manage account resources by setting appropriate priorities, expectations, and delivery timelines
· Identify internal client priorities and maintain a task list
· Understand and interpret file-level changes and client data requests
· Analyze data and reports for anomalies and accuracy prior to delivery
· Act as primary owner of written business process documentation
· Must have the ability to learn basic SQL skills
· Support client billing and usage reporting
· Prior service experience in a technology setting
· Outstanding communication, interpersonal, relationship management, follow-through, and problem resolution skills
· Logical thinker with excellent attention to detail
· Strong aptitude for technology as well as an understanding/interest in direct marketing and data practices
· Outstanding documentation and organization skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills, a highly developed sense of curiosity, and a passion for learning
· Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide advice and instruction to internal clients/users
· Ability to lead production or task list calls with third parties, understand and document data business process flows, and provide advice and instruction to internal clients/users
· Flexibility to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
· Strong aptitude for technology and an understanding of and an interest in electronic direct marketing practices
· Knowledge of SQL and direct marketing a plus
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
DataLab USA™ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
All offers of employment are contingent on passing a background check and drug test.