Production Programmer - Entry Level SQL Developer
Germantown, MD /
Students/Recent Graduates – Entry Level Positions /
DataLab USA™ is an analytics and technology driven database marketing consultancy. We combine sophisticated technology, cutting edge analytics and an intrinsic understanding of marketing to build large-scale addressable marketing programs for Fortune 500 companies. Our clients operate in multiple verticals: Financial Services, Insurance, Telcom, and Travel & Leisure.
Because of our success, we are growing at a rapid pace. We have placed in the INC 5000 list of fastest growing private companies for four times in the last ten years. At its heart, DataLab USA™ has the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We judge ourselves on our ability to innovate, drive efficiency and deliver excellence for our clients.
DataLab’s Marketing Technology Team is at the core of deploying value creation for our clients. Our technology team’s problem solving, and out of box thinking translate into positive ROI and success for our clients.
Production Programmer is an entry level position in the Marketing Technology department with a focus on learning fundamental skills and applying them to existing processes. Employees will largely be expected to learn by doing. They will execute, monitor and QC existing ETL, Reporting and Campaign processes thereby contributing to the team while developing an understanding of DataLab’s solution and how it serves to achieve client goals.
· Monitor existing process execution to ensure completion
· Execute & review existing process QC reports
· Review wiki and other documentation to understand existing processes purpose and steps
· Update Wiki documentation to improve team documentation
· Review ETL QC reports and identify any data quality issues
· Run existing scripts to update DWH
· Perform QC to ensure proper execution and completeness of DWH
· Run existing scripts to generate client reports
· QC & review report providing feedback to internal customers & stakeholders
· Assist with minor modifications & enhancements to reports
· Save all work with careful documentation (for QC and future use)
· Run existing ETL data feeds and monitor for issues
Responsibility Details (once trained)
o Troubleshoot automated production tasks issues
o Automate existing production code
o Assist with development of ad-hoc reports
o Know all client file inputs for a campaign, understand which would be critical for campaign processing and how the fields within each file are used in the campaign and results reporting
o Setup new ETL scripts & QC for new client data feeds
o Know when client files are expected; notify team members if they do not come in
o Responsible for the movement of files and assets from FTP sites and/or emails to appropriate folders and notify appropriate team members
o Be able to use FTP, MoveIT, JIRA and navigate through Wiki
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field required.
· Work experience a plus
· Direct Marketing experience or knowledge a plus
· Certifications/Technical training are a plus
· Ability to learn SQL
· Familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to communicate clearly
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment
DataLab USA™ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.