Mid/Senior Level Application Developer
Germantown, MD /
Marketing Technologies – Data Services /
DataLab USA™ is an analytics and technology driven database marketing consultancy. We combine sophisticated technology, cutting edge analytics and an intrinsic understanding of marketing to build large-scale addressable marketing programs for Fortune 500 companies. Our clients operate in multiple verticals: Financial Services, Insurance, Telcom, and Travel & Leisure.
Because of our success, we are growing at a rapid pace. We have placed in the INC 5000 list of fastest growing private companies for four times in the last ten years. At its heart, DataLab USA™ has the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We judge ourselves on our ability to innovate, drive efficiency and deliver excellence for our clients.
DataLab’s Marketing Technology Team is at the core of deploying value creation for our clients. Our technology team’s problem solving, and out of box thinking translate into positive ROI and success for our clients.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop data processing solutions and associated technical services designed to support client business objectives. Candidates must be technically proficient and possess good interpersonal, troubleshooting, and documentation skills.
· Leveraging Python to build scalable, secure software for continuous integration and delivery
· Work on a wide range of interesting technical and business projects
· Investigating, prototyping, and implementing new solutions to a wide array of complex system design challenges.
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
· Build infrastructure and applications to process large amounts of data in a distributed computing environment
· Contribute to the design, specifications and estimating of projects
· Write reusable, automated test frameworks for use across projects.
· Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
· Develop and maintain software using already established best practices for creating readable and maintainable code
· Build and support applications through the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
· 3+ years' professional experience developing applications and supporting end-to-end systems development and delivery
· 2+ years’ professional experience using third-party Python frameworks
· Experience with processing large amounts of data with Big Data frameworks
· Excellent understanding of Python data structures and object-oriented programming concepts.
· Outstanding coding skills, knowledge of patterns and best practices in an object-oriented style
· Familiarity with secure coding guidelines and standards
· Experience working in an Agile software development team
· Teamwork, strong inter-personal skills
· Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, HDFS, or other industry-standard distributed processing frameworks
· Experience with data pipeline orchestration tools (e.g. Apache Airflow)
· Familiarity developing in a distributed environment
· Familiarity developing in Django, Flask Python framework
· Experience working in a Cloud environment
· Experience with processing large amounts of data
· Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
DataLab USA™ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
All offers of employment are contingent on passing a background check and drug test.