Human Resources Generalist (must be local to Germantown, MD)
Germantown, MD /
Administrative Services – Human Resources /
DataLab USA™ is an analytics and technology driven database marketing consultancy. We combine sophisticated technology, cutting edge analytics and an intrinsic understanding of marketing to build large-scale addressable marketing programs for Fortune 500 companies. Our clients operate in multiple verticals: Financial Services, Insurance, Telcom, and Travel & Leisure.
We have placed in the INC 5000 list of fastest growing private companies for six times in the last ten years. At its heart, DataLab USA™ has the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We judge ourselves on our ability to innovate, drive efficiency and deliver excellence for our clients.
This position serves as an employee resource for all HR needs and works collaboratively with our internal teams. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in Human Resources, with a thorough understanding of HR policy and procedures, including current labor laws. We are seeking someone who connects with people, is organized and has a detail-oriented mindset.
**This is an in-offce/onsite position**
- Management of legal component of HR (labor laws compliance, sponsorship/immigration, FMLA, Paid Leave, Background checks, Title VII, audits prep, unemployment, terminations)
- Employee Relations
- Onboarding new employees (Background checks, drug test, I-9 employment verification, collecting accounting forms, adding to administrative lists, scheduling training meetings, orientations, check-ins)
- Benefit Administration (Health Insurances, 401K, FMLA, Short Term Disability, COBRA, etc.)
- Sponsorship (Maintaining records, preparing documents for OPT-extensions, H1B work visas and Green Card applications)
- Workforce engagement and company culture (team events, etc.)
- Maintaining Employee Administration lists and creating reports (EEO-1 report, census, address list, attrition/retention, etc.)
- Researching and suggesting improvements (benefits, compensation, policies)
- Strong knowledge in federal and state employment laws, regulations and compliance (labor laws, sponsorship/immigration, FMLA, Paid Leave, ACA, Title VII, unemployment, etc.)
- Experience with Conflict Resolution and Employee Engagement
- Experience with Performance Management
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and manage information with utmost integrity
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Experience with immigration sponsorship/immigration policies
- Experience with recruiting and using ATS
- Experience with benefits administration
- HR Professional certification (SHRM, HRCI) preferred
DataLab USA™ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
All offers of employment are contingent on passing a background check and drug test.