Business System Analyst
Germantown, MD /
Client Services – Account Management /
DataLab USA™ is an analytics and technology driven database marketing consultancy. We combine sophisticated technology, cutting edge analytics and an intrinsic understanding of marketing to build large-scale addressable marketing programs for Fortune 500 companies. Our clients operate in multiple verticals: Financial Services, Insurance, Telcom, and Travel & Leisure.
We have placed in the INC 5000 list of fastest growing private companies for six times in the last ten years. At its heart, DataLab USA™ has the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We judge ourselves on our ability to innovate, drive efficiency and deliver excellence for our clients.
Business System Analyst is the liaison between one or more of DataLab's clients and the internal database programming and analytical teams. This role provides essential support to clients who contract with DataLab for database marketing services. Business System Analyst coordinates the requirements of the client's database marketing programs and the DataLab teams that support the client. This role requires a high level of problem solving and research skills to troubleshoot client challenges.
To be successful in this position you must have an aptitude for technology and the ability to learn the client’s business quickly, as well as a passion for excellent customer service, improving business processes, and recommending best marketing practices. Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills are essential. Preferably you will have 2-4 years prior customer service experience in a technology setting.
· Act as primary point of contact between clients and DataLab’s programming and analytics teams.
· Responsible for daily client communication via telephone, email, and online presentation tools.
· Respond in a timely manner to a wide variety of client inquiries.
· Coordinate and lead internal and external client team meetings, as well as occasional onsite meetings.
· Professionally and diplomatically resolve difficult issues regarding client concerns and other matters as necessary.
· Manage account resources by setting appropriate expectations and delivery timelines.
· Identify client priorities and maintain the client’s task list.
· Act as the internal subject matter expert for the client’s business processes, business data, and marketing campaign business rules.
· Be able to QC, understand, and interpret the client’s marketing campaign results.
· Define quality checkpoints for final deliverables. Review and QC final reports and work products prior to client delivery
· Review business requirements with DataLab’s programming and analytics teams and explain client deliverables as needed. Set prioritization and timelines.
· Act as primary owner of all written documentation delivered to the client, including project and campaign requirements, direct marketing results reports, and presentations.
· Support client billing and usage reporting.
· 2-4 years prior customer service experience in a technology setting
· Outstanding communication, client management, follow-through, problem resolution, and interpersonal skills
· Flexibility to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
· Strong aptitude for technology as well as an understanding/interest in direct marketing practices
· Outstanding documentation and organization skills.
· Excellent problem-solving skills, a highly developed sense of curiosity, and a passion for learning
· Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and understandable manner via email, phone, and in person.
· Ability to lead requirement discovery sessions with client, understand and document client business process flows, and provide advice and instruction to clients/users
· Knowledge of SQL and prior direct marketing experience a plus
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
DataLab USA™ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
All offers of employment are contingent on passing a background check and drug test.