Germantown, MD /
Administrative Services – Human Resources /
DataLab USA™ is an analytics and technology driven database marketing consultancy. We combine sophisticated technology, cutting edge analytics and an intrinsic understanding of marketing to build large-scale addressable marketing programs for Fortune 500 companies. Our clients operate in multiple verticals: Financial Services, Insurance, Telcom, and Travel & Leisure.
Because of our success, we are growing at a rapid pace. We have placed in the INC 5000 list of fastest growing private companies for four times in the last ten years. At its heart, DataLab USA™ has the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We judge ourselves on our ability to innovate, drive efficiency and deliver excellence for our clients.
The benefits administrator position is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, EAD, PTO, retirement plans, etc.). This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The administrator continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and maintains benefits administration.
· Serve as primary contact for all staff, plan vendors and third-party administrators.
· Educate newly hired employees on benefit programs such as medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K plans, PTO accruals, and other ancillary company-offered benefit plans.
· Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
· Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident, and death claims, 1094-1095 reports, EEO reports, and compliance testing.
· Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
· Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
· Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
· Negotiate with vendors and administrators for best plans, options, and rates.
· Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
· Evaluate and make recommendations on the internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
· Review both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
· Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment, and summary plan descriptions
· Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, benefits databases.
· Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
· Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs, contract knowledge.
· Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of pertinent personal and company information
· Ability to think outside the box and understand developmental needs of an agile, growing mid-sized company
· Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, unemployment, Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
· Excellent communication and organization skills.
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in human resource management or related field, and three to five years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience.
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP and CEBS professional designations preferred.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
DataLab USA™ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.