Senior/Lead Data Scientist
Germantown, MD /
Analytical Services – Data Science /
DataLab USA™ is an analytics and technology driven database marketing consultancy. We combine sophisticated technology, cutting edge analytics and an intrinsic understanding of marketing to build large-scale addressable marketing programs for Fortune 500 companies. Our clients operate in multiple verticals: Financial Services, Insurance, Telcom, and Travel & Leisure.
Because of our success, we are growing at a rapid pace. We have placed in the INC 5000 list of fastest growing private companies for four times in the last ten years. At its heart, DataLab USA™ has the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We judge ourselves on our ability to innovate, drive efficiency and deliver excellence for our clients.
Key responsibilities/duties include:
· Build, implement and maintain predictive models through their full lifecycle.
· Identify patterns & trends in data and provides insights to enhance business decision making.
· Identify challenges and opportunities from client strategy discussions and taking ownership of solution.
· Work with team to develop and maintain complex analytic frameworks that may include 50+ predictive models.
· Set up and monitor monthly model recalibration process.
· Generate complex ad-hoc analyses combining disparate concepts or creating new approaches.
· Design and create new analytic procedures & automation.
· Review corporate model scoring QC.
· Review corporate data transformation QC.
Education and Experience:
· 5 years of machine learning and analytics experience
· 5 years of quantitative marketing experience
· MS/PHD in a quantitative discipline or BS in a quantitative discipline with commensurate experience
· Experience with R, Python, & SQL
· Ability to present advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences.
· Analytically minded, specifically comfortable with data, response metrics and trends
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to analyze problems and produce a viable solution
· Ability to coordinate across different internal groups
· Experience with Tableau (or other data visualization platform)
· Experience with Excel
· Financial or insurance industry experience strongly preferred
· 5-7 years of Database Marketing and Data Mining experience preferred
DataLab USA™ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
All offers of employment are contingent on passing a background check and drug test.