Human Resources Generalist
Germantown, MD /
Administrative Services – Human Resources /
DataLab USA™ is an analytics and technology driven database marketing consultancy. We combine sophisticated technology, cutting edge analytics and an intrinsic understanding of marketing to build large-scale addressable marketing programs for Fortune 500 companies. Our clients operate in multiple verticals: Financial Services, Insurance, Telcom, and Travel & Leisure.
Because of our success, we are growing at a rapid pace. We have placed in the INC 5000 list of fastest growing private companies for four times in the last ten years. At its heart, DataLab USA™ has the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We judge ourselves on our ability to innovate, drive efficiency and deliver excellence for our clients.
The HR Generalist assists the team and handles day-to day services including HR policy development, improvement, and implementation, as well as compliance, hiring, onboarding, performance management, benefits, sponsorship, conflict resolution, metrics, etc. This position serves as an employee resource for all HR needs, works collaboratively with our internal teams. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in Human Resources, with a thorough understanding of HR policy and procedures and there is a great opportunity for developing and refining our systems. We are seeking someone who connects with people, is organized and has a detail-oriented mindset to handle the changing nature of the workforce.
- Assisting with recruiting strategies and best practices
- Assisting with onboarding new employees (Background checks, drug test, I-9 employment verification, collecting accounting forms, adding to administrative lists, scheduling training meetings, orientations, check-ins)
- Benefit Administration (Health Insurances, 401K, FMLA, Short Term Disability, COBRA, etc.)
- Assisting with Sponsorship (Maintaining records, preparing documents for OPT-extensions, H1B work visas and Green Card applications)
- Assisting with Workforce Training and Development (technical training, reviews, surveys, etc.)
- Assisting with workforce engagement and company culture (team events, etc.)
- Maintaining Employee Administration lists and creating reports (EEO-1 report, census, address list, attrition/retention, etc.)
- Researching and suggesting improvements (benefits, compensation, policies)
- Bachelors degree preferably in Human Resource Management or similar field
- Knowledge in federal and state employment laws, regulations and compliance (labor laws, sponsorship/immigration, FMLA, Paid Leave, ACA, Title VII, unemployment, etc.) preferred
- Experience with recruiting and using ATS
- Experience with benefits administration
- Experience with immigration sponsorship preferred
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and manage information with utmost integrity
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- HR Professional certification (SHRM, HRCI) a plus
No sponsorship available for this role
DataLab USA™ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.