Employee Relations Specialist
Germantown, MD /
Administrative Services – Human Resources /
DataLab USA™ is an analytics and technology driven database marketing consultancy. We combine sophisticated technology, cutting edge analytics and an intrinsic understanding of marketing to build large-scale addressable marketing programs for Fortune 500 companies. Our clients operate in multiple verticals: Financial Services, Insurance, Telcom, and Travel & Leisure.
We have placed in the INC 5000 list of fastest growing private companies for six times in the last ten years. At its heart, DataLab USA™ has the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We judge ourselves on our ability to innovate, drive efficiency and deliver excellence for our clients.
The Employee Relations Specialist assists the team and handles employee relations matters including policy review, creation and implementation, employee grievances, performance improvement plans, conflict resolutions, employee separations.
In addition, this position will be handling federal and state compliance laws as it applies to our two offices.
The ideal candidate will have 10-15 years prior experience in Human Resources, with a thorough understanding of HR policies, procedures and laws.
- Assisting with Management of legal component of HR (labor laws compliance, sponsorship/immigration, FMLA, Paid Leave, Background checks, Title VII, audits prep, unemployment)
- Assisting with Workforce Development (conflict resolution, performance evaluation, performance improvement plans, etc.)
- Assisting with onboarding new employees (Background checks, drug test, I-9 employment verification, collecting accounting forms, adding to administrative lists, scheduling training meetings, orientations, check-ins)
- Assisting with Benefit Administration (Health Insurances, 401K, FMLA, Short Term Disability, COBRA, etc.)
- Supports and coordinates responses to internal and external employment compliance audits.
- Researching and suggesting improvements (benefits, compensation, policies)
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Human Resource Management or similar field
- Strong knowledge in federal and state employment laws, regulations and compliance (labor laws, sponsorship/immigration, FMLA, Paid Leave, ACA, Title VII, unemployment, etc.)
- Experience with Conflict Resolution and Employee Engagement
- Experience with Performance Management
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and manage information with utmost integrity
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Experience with immigration sponsorship a plus
- Some experience with recruiting and using ATS a plus
- Some experience with benefits administration a plus
- HR Professional certification (SHRM, HRCI) preferred
DataLab USA™ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
All offers of employment are contingent on passing a background check and drug test.