Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Montreal or New York City
Who we’re looking for:
To support our product and systems, it’s vital we have scalable, high performing infrastructure. To achieve this, we need creative backend engineers who are excited by the challenges of an evolving stack and interested in the problems that come with supporting machine learning and deep learning infrastructure and streaming data pipelines. We are looking for someone who is excited about functional programming and interested in machine learning.
You enjoy working on hard problems but also getting your hands dirty on building REST APIs. You like learning new things and are patient when it comes to finding bugs. You will not be satisfied by a superfluous explanation but will want to explore to get to the bottom of the problem.
What we need from you
- MS or BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience
- Proficient with Scala or a JVM language, Docker and Typescript are pluses
- Some experience with functional programming
- Data engineering is a plus
- Machine learning knowledge or experience is a plus
- Biased towards action—you're perceptive and alert, when there's a fire you don't hesitate to face it
What you’ll do
You'll be building Scala based technologies which transact data to and from several portions of our stack. You'll work with awesome libraries such as Doobie, Akka and http4s as well as play an active role in the evolution of our stack. If you're interested in machine learning or deep learning you will have the opportunity to support our deep learning infrastructure that our team is building out.