Technical product manager
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
At Datalogue, we believe data driven decision-making will revolutionize the day-to-day processes that enterprises rely on. We serve companies that are committed to shifting the majority of their decisions from the speculative to the data driven realm, achieving better, more measurable, and more responsive decisions as they do.
We help these companies by developing an internal measure for the velocity of their data operations, a metric we call time to data. We then help them optimize this metric by building products that use techniques brought over from the fields of artificial intelligence and machine learning to help our customers access, understand, and prepare data as they need them for decisions.
As Datalogue's first technical product manager, you'll rely upon your technical skills to empathize with our customers' needs, combining their feedback, Datalogue's product vision, and your own intuition to serve the most technical of our user bases: data engineers. You'll be responsible for defining and driving the crucial product related work we do to reach our team's objectives. This is a rare opportunity to continuously learn about our client's technical processes and the challenges they face every day.
What you'll do:
- Identify customer needs, synthesize cross-functional feedback, and envision product enhancements.
- Turn product changes into clear, concise requirements for engineering execution
- Develop user and performance acceptance tests to drive product quality
- Collaborate with customers to ensure the roadmap anticipates customer needs
- Liaise between our customers, our sales team, and our engineering team to build the right product
- Work in a dynamic iterative environment and lead scrum teams
- Facilitate team discussions, synthesize, information and report outcome
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a product manager for developer tools or if you're a data engineer, developer, or data scientist who wants to venture into product.
- You are technically skilled and excited to study our products and features
- You are market and customer centric, devoted to learning about engineering challenges and love solving hard problems with critical thinking
- You are excited to share lessons learned and different product management and or engineering approaches acquired through your experience
- You are familiar with agile and led scrum activities such as: crafting user stories for developer-centric products, holding sprint planning meetings, and prioritizing product backlogs
- You can create and maintain clear and easy to understand documentation
- You're willing to embrace a dynamic and evolving startup environment
- You're able to seamlessly engage in deeply technical discussions
- You care deeply about the user experience of highly technical users
- You understand that change in the enterprise requires a rock solid foundation that developers can build on
- You understand the benefits of descriptive error messages and understand that they are an important building block to an intuitive API
- You are confident and able to communicate your point of view clearly
- You value respect of others, trust your team, seek feedback, seek new perspectives, and remain professional
- You have mastered time management
Datalogue is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.