Senior Product Marketer
San Francisco /
Full Time - Remote
Job purpose and overview
The Senior Product Marketer plays a crucial role on the marketing team, working closely with the Product and Marketing teams to drive activation and conversion.
The role involves conducting thorough research to understand Dataquest’s competitive landscape and its learners needs. Additionally, the Senior Product Marketer serves as the resident expert on all of Dataquest's courses and features.
Using this research and product knowledge, they develop engaging and educational marketing campaigns and help to create new offerings.
This role is perfect for someone who:
- Is a data-driven marketer. You love making decisions with data and are an expert at creating funnel reports and monitoring product metrics.
- Loves testing. You understand testing methodologies and can design and conduct tests that drive forward our understanding and improve our metrics.
- Writes incredible
sales marketing copy. You know how to motivate people to take action and love crafting thoughtful content that excites and educates.
- Is always doing user research. The only thing you like more than a perfectly designed survey is conducting a live interview.
This role will work with the Product and Marketing teams and will report to the Director of Marketing.
- Contribute to product and marketing strategy
- Conduct market research to understand the competitive landscape and ROI of new courses and features
- Collaborate with the product team to articulate customer personas, map the user journey, and improve activation and conversion metrics
- Educate prospective learners about our product and its benefits
- Develop clear value props and competitive differentiation for new and existing courses and platform features
- Create compelling website copy, landing pages, email follow-up sequences, path and course descriptions, and recorded product demonstrations
- Analyze and track activation and conversion metrics across the team. Build and share reports and dashboards that allow us to monitor and improve metrics
- Design and execute launch events around new features and courses
- Own conversion, including developing a pricing strategy and running regular promotions
- Mentor peer on the Marketing team. Ensure initiatives are moving forward and goals are being met
- 30% – Activation: optimizing the early user journey to ensure new signups activate.
- 30% – Conversion: planning and executing promos, conducting pricing discovery, and improving conversion.
- 20% – Research: conducting surveys and user interviews, building and analyzing reports.
- 20% – Collaboration: evangelizing your market knowledge and user research across the company, giving feedback on work in process.
- Product metrics, including deep knowledge of Google Analytics and SQL
- 5+ years experience in building activation and conversion campaigns, with a proven track record impacting activation and conversion metrics
- Experience with product-led growth
- Experience with conducting user research, including running surveys and conducting user interviews
- Experience conducting market research
- Collaboration, project management, and stakeholder management skills
- Passion for education, technology, and data science
Dataquest uses an equitable compensation model based on market rate, location, role level, and experience.
Who can apply
Dataquest is a fully remote company, and we are open to applications worldwide.
Future US-based Employees must reside in California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Nevada, Tennessee, Texas, or Washington DC.
We cannot offer jobs to people in the following places: Afghanistan, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo Republic, Cuba, Crimea, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Libya, Myanmar, North Korea. Papua New Guinea, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe
Company at a Glance
- Founded in 2015, CEO Vikas Paruchuri
- 100% Remote, headquarters in the US
- Team size: 20
- Online learning platform that teaches data analysis, machine learning, and programming skills
- Unlimited PTO with a minimum recommendation of 25 days per year
- Paid Parental leave
- Annual equipment and learning allowance
- Health insurance and 401k for US-based team members
- Stock options