Senior Product Designer (Remote - Anywhere)
Full Time - Remote
Dataquest is an interactive online learning platform for data science. We’re passionate about helping students go from zero to job ready. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers. Read more about our philosophy here, and read what students think here.
We want to help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education, and you’ll play a key role in helping us get there. We’re looking for collaborative and passionate team members, to help us continue to build out our 30+ person remote, global team.
This is a fully remote company and we are open to applications worldwide. You don't have to match all of the listed requirements to apply, we're truly looking for people who can grow along with our diverse and global team.
Who Should Apply?
You are a Senior Designer at a fast-growing startup, who’s primarily driven by solving problems for customers. You believe design is a culture and a set of repeatable processes, not just one-off design assets. You’re well versed in UX design, UI design, and user research and enjoy thinking cross-functionally about design. You’re excited by the challenge of crafting a visual language for Dataquest that spans the entire customer journey (from the marketing site to our email sequences). You’ve previous helped build and improve design processes across multiple teams, like user research.
- You have acted as a Design Lead in previous roles
- Experience thinking cross-functionally about design (primarily UX, UI, and user research)
- You are familiar with using qualitative data for inspiration but using quantitative data for validation
- Comfort in both stakeholder meetings and user research sessions
- You have at least 5 years of overall design experience, ideally multiple years working on a consumer facing product
Nice to Haves
- You have built a design culture from scratch in a previous startup
- Experience working in a remote, async team
- You’re familiar with no-code and low-code tools for prototyping
- You’re familiar with HTML / CSS
- You’re familiar with wireframing tools like Balsamiq and interface design tools like Figma.
- You have experience working in online learning / education
Some perks of working at Dataquest:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- An annual professional development allowance
- Free Dataquest account for life
- The chance to see your impact on the lives of our students every day
- The opportunity to be part of an engaged and mission-driven team
- The chance to contribute to team direction
- 100% remote with flexible working hours
- A supportive environment where help is always accessible