Kubernetes Support Engineer [Level 1]
Datawire’s mission is to help organizations, big and small, embrace the cloud-native culture. We believe that cloud-native organizations can better help their customers and improve their businesses.
We are drastically improving the way engineers and developers work with Ambassador (https://www.getambassador.io), the leading Kubernetes-native API Gateway built on kubernetes and envoy proxy. With thousands of users from major companies like Microsoft, PTC, Ticketmaster, and Epic Games, the Ambassador community continues to grow exponentially.
We are opening an Apprenticeship for an entry-level Support Engineer to keep up with demand.
The entry-level Support Engineer Apprentice facilitates customer-facing operations by acting as a front-line representative for technical and operational issues. You will focus on integrations – both writing integrations with other products/services and developing tools to better enable integrations implemented by ourselves and our customers. This position is also responsible for planning, deploying and supporting client implementations of Datawire’s suite of products.
- Provide technical feasibility and ease of use of Ambassador to highly technical audiences.
- Troubleshoot, test and validate software issues with due urgency and maintain thorough documentation of all software solutions.
- As a technical first responder, assist in diagnosis of technical issues/bugs and works with our Development group to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Provide hands on assistance with customer onboarding, implementation and deployments. Analyze logs and communications to determine the root cause of any issues and triage risk.
- Contribute to the development of internal knowledge base and customer solution portal
- Ability to learn new skills and tools.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with proven ability to initiate and manage relationships with customers of all levels.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science