Data Engineer - Internship
About Dathena Science
Dathena is a Cybersecurity and Data Governance Startup based in Singapore and Switzerland. We work in close partnership with PwC, Google and NVIDIA. We are looking for motivated interns who will work with us and our partners to improve our leading technology in managing the risk of confidentiality of the Major banks and Fortune 500 clients and discover key insights on the data they have. You will be able to work on challenging big data projects and help us building and improving our products' scalability.
- We are looking for a motivated Scala/Spark Developer that will help us improve data ingestion and processing performance by analysing current Spark applications to design and implement efficient architecture solutions.
- Your focus will be to optimize current implementations of ML algorithms
- Objectives of the internship:
- Design and implement data pipelines for a large application
- Benchmark different solution approaches and analyze performances
- Optimise code and resource usage
- Present solutions approaches and architecture choices
- Maintain high-performance and data integrity of critical database (NoSQL & SQL type)
- Support new projects/integrations working with R&D team
- Good programming skills: Scala, knowledge in using query languages such as SQL and NoSQL
- Software engineering best practices: continuous integration with git, Jira, BitBucket
- Data-oriented personality
- Good Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking
- The Scala/Spark Software Engineer Intern will be part of a highly qualified and dynamic team where he will be able to learn and improve himself.
- The Scala/Spark Software Engineer Intern must fully embrace the team spirit of a young and innovative Start-up. They must be able to adapt to a multi-cultural environment.
- Location: Switzerland - Lausanne, R&D Office