Machine Learning Engineer Intern
A.I. & Research /
Reports to - Data Scientist
About Dathena Science
Dathena is a deep-tech company that brings a new paradigm to data privacy and security solutions. In a world of ever-growing information, regulation, and consumer privacy expectations, enterprises around the globe rely on Dathena to identify, classify and control sensitive data, reduce risks, and enhance data protection framework.
Leveraging the power of modern AI technologies, Dathena delivers breakthrough, petabyte-scale solutions with unprecedented accuracy, efficiency and speed that build consumer trust in a digital world and ensure the “privacy and data security protection journey.”
Founded in 2016, Dathena continues to grow with its latest round of funding. With offices in Singapore, Bangkok, Geneva, Lausanne, Paris, and New York City, Dathena employs more than 70 people, including the world’s top data scientists and information risk experts. For more information, go to www.dathena.io/.
- We are looking for a ML Engineer Intern that will join our R&D team in Artificial Intelligence to help us optimize and deploy Machine Learning algorithms in production.
- You will be able to work on challenging big data projects and help us building and improving our products' scalability.
- Your focus will be to optimize current implementations of ML algorithms.
- While it is essential that the intern brings efficient and effective behaviour to increase the productivity of the organization, is it also critical that the intern retain the creative spark that drives Dathena’s vision and values.
- This is an iterative and on-going work.
- Support the deployment and release of new projects/integrations working with Big Data team
- Benchmark different solution approaches and analyse performances.
- Optimize code and resource usage
- Get involved in pipeline design
- Participate in the team's sprints and attend daily stand-ups
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong programming skills in at least one of Scala/Java/Python.
- Distributed system experience is needed (Spark, PySpark, Hadoop).
- Experience with at least one database language (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience working with Unix.
- Basic knowledge in Machine Learning and Statistics is required
- Software engineering best practices: continuous integration with git, Jira, BitBucket
- Natural Language Processing experience is a plus.
- Some knowledge of functional programming is nice to have.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking
- Proactive and interested in the area of data security and governance. This temporary position may be converted into a full-time job.
Location: Singapore R&D Office