Senior Manager, User Acquisition
Los Angeles, California
Full Time Exempt
Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
We are looking for an experienced, performance driven and resourceful Senior Manager, User Acquisition to lead the expansion and diversification of Dave’s growth channels.
The ideal person for this role has a passion for our mission with a strategic mind to help increase our user base quickly and sustainably. We want you to help raise the bar of Dave’s user acquisition strategy bringing fresh ideas to and pushing us to the next level as a business.
- Act as a team builder and mentor. Hire, train and develop a high-performing team to lead campaign execution, optimization & analysis.
- Develop, plan, and execute paid growth strategies and initiatives, including paid search, paid social media, programmatic , retargeting and display campaigns.
- Manage ongoing tests and improve campaign creative, copy, and audience targeting to ensure campaign optimization.
- Work closely with our in-house creative team to develop new ads based on your learnings and strategy
- Define and report key growth to measure growth spend’s efficiency. Think holistically about business goals to ensure the appropriate allocation of resources and growth spend.
- Determine allocation of paid direct response spend.
- Seek out, test, and scale new channels.
- Set up efficient systems and processes to manage user acquisition campaigns in a fast-paced environment
- Anticipate new growth opportunities as they arise, implementing them into existing systems
- 5+ years experience leading the development planning, and execution of paid mobile growth strategies and initiatives at a high growth B2C company
- Prior people management experience for a User Acquisition/Growth or Marketing function.
- User acquisition budget control of $2 Million per month
- Experience in a highly analytical role, and are comfortable working through uncertainty, managing risk, and making data-driven decisions
- Expert in Excel, with a strong understanding of using analytics tools including Tableau or other data visualisation tools to help make data driven decisions
- Comfort building, evaluating, and forecasting performance and presenting to leadership teams
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- International UA experience preferred
Benefits & Perks:
· Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Voluntary life insurance plan
· Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.