Lead Machine Learning Engineer
Los Angeles, California
Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
- We're looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to develop machine learning models which provide actionable insight for our users and internal teams.
- Map user journey and increase the understanding of customers by developing profiles and segments based on behavioral data
- Build, test, optimize and productionalize machine learning models (e.g. User Churn, LTV etc.)
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in machine learning and determine if they can be applied to our business.
- Help design data warehousing system to fit data science needs.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of experience in product-oriented quantitative analysis and decision science
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or other quantitative field
- Strong experience using SQL, working with large data sets, and extensive feature engineering
- Data modeling experience in Python or R
- Hands on experience developing & maintaining data pipelines
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning models and advanced statistical techniques (Gradient Boosted Trees, Neural Networks, Logistic Regression, ANOVA, Time Series Analysis)
- Experience with Data Robot preferred
- Familiarity with GCP’s data tooling (e.g. Dataflow, CloudComposer, BigQuery, PubSub) or similar cloud tooling.
- Experience with financial datasets and associated reporting.
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, and development skills.
· Premium PPO Medical and Dental, and Vision Insurance plan.
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Generous equity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.