Associate Product Manager
Los Angeles, California
Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
Our team is looking for an Associate Product Manager who is highly analytical, organized and has experience driving projects in a fast-paced environment. You’ll help us maximize our current internal product’s potential, and effectively coordinate between engineers, designers, analysts, and stakeholders.
Executing on this will require strong qualitative and quantitative research abilities, with a creative mindset and holistic approach to product management. You’ll work iteratively to ship and test features, partnering closely with research, data, design and engineering to help improve our internal customers productivity and capability.
- Collaborate with one of Dave's product development squads to identify, develop and deliver web & app releases that help improve our internal customers daily experience at Dave
- Gather feature requirements and write user stories.
- Build and present product demos.
- Actively participate in regular sprint planning, story grooming, standup, and retrospective.
- Facilitate user interviews to grow our team's empathy with Dave members.
- Analyze user behavior via SQL, Amplitude, and Braze.
- Learn as much as you can about product, design, and engineering.
IN THE FIRST MONTH YOU’LL:
- Join a squad and integrate into their development process.
- Write 5 user stories that get delivered to production.
- Present 2 product demos
- Meet a Dave member
- Create an Amplitude dashboard or team space
- 2+ years of experience leading projects to the finish line.
- Ability to communicate with ease across all different types of people.
- An inherent desire to continually learn and grow.
- Not afraid of failure.
- Live Dave values: helpful and decent, resourceful, innovative entrepreneur, transparent, persistent.
· Premium PPO Medical and Dental, and Vision Insurance plan.
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Generous equity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.