Site Reliability Engineer
Los Angeles, California
Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
- Design, build and maintain Dave’s core infrastructure.
- Help define Dave's best practices and teach your teammates how to use them moving forward.
- Use your knowledge of industry-standard tooling to help us build our first versions of infrastructure automation.
- Work with our Platform product managers to ensure important metrics are being tracked and monitored.
- Work with various business and engineering teams to ensure reliable, scalable, robust architecture for our core services.
- Design and document load testing and performance testing strategies for our core services.
- Help us automate the boring things we are currently doing manually for our architecture.
- Join in and manage our production on-call rotation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ Years of Software Engineering Experience
- Experience programming in SQL (No-SQL is a plus).
- Experience managing large MySQL or PostgreSQL deployments.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure provisioning tools.
- Experience with distributed systems and the issues that comes with them.
- Experience CI/CD pipelines and the relevant tooling such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI.
- Working knowledge of GCP or an equivalent cloud provider.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience building & working with caching layers such as Redis.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and development skills.
· Premium PPO Medical and Dental, and Vision Insurance plan.
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Generous equity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.