Engineering Manager - Member Intelligence
United States /
Engineering – Engineering /
Full Time Exempt
Dave is one of the leading US neobanks and a pioneer in financial services, using disruptive technology to provide best in class banking services to millions of members at a fraction of the cost compared to incumbents. The anchor of our banking value proposition, ExtraCash, provides up to $500 of short term, interest free advances to members within minutes of joining. The speed to value, access and pricing of ExtraCash compared to traditional overdraft sets us apart from incumbents and is a key to our strategy to efficiently acquire transacting Dave debit card members.
As the Engineering Manager, you will own the engineering roadmap and technical landscape for the systems driving various product features at Dave. You will spend the vast majority of your time coaching and empowering engineers, collaborating with product managers and business stakeholders to deliver an exceptional experience to our users.
The Member Intelligence squad is a horizontal team who builds and maintains the company dashboard, which our Member Success agents use to support Dave’s members. This team works with every product development team in the engineering org to empower Member Success with the tooling to support all Dave features and our member needs. The team is highly collaborative, and works well together behind the mission to help Dave members.
We’re looking for someone who thrives on solving hard problems, is passionate about finding innovative solutions not just for today but allowing for growth of the future, delights customers, and inspires colleagues. This role reports to the Senior Engineering Manager, Customer Lifecycle Group.
What You'll Do
- Hire, lead, mentor, and motivate talented engineers and help them grow professionally.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager and business stakeholders to come up with the roadmap, vision and purpose.
- Bring forward creative technical solutions to handle complex business requirements by collaborating with engineers, product managers and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate and contribute to conversations with Lead and Staff Engineers to come up with scalable architecture, better engineering practices and prioritize tech debt.
- Clearly communicate the purpose and “why” behind the current and future priorities to the squad and stakeholders.
- Remove roadblocks for team members, both technical and otherwise.
- Know your domain and code in depth that will empower you to review code and contribute when necessary.
- Be the bridge between the squad and rest of the engineering org and leadership by making sure that information flows both ways.
- Be spokesperson and champion for changes initiated by peers, managers and leadership.
- Work with product managers, business stakeholders and engineers, co-own and measure metrics to enable data driven decision making around product health and code health (educated prioritization of tech debt, product features and product debt).
- Work closely across peer Engineering Managers and their teams to prioritize and juggle support of new feature launches and experiments.
What You'll Need
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 1.5+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience creating platform products - highly available, scalable and low-latency services.
- Ability to collaborate well and come up with technical vision for larger projects.
- Experience hiring and building diverse and inclusive high performing teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a fast-growing startup
$169,000 - $271,000 a year
Dave has established a nationally applicable pay program that recognizes that regardless of where Daves choose to live, their time and effort is of equal value to the company. As such we utilize base salary ranges that are intended to be competitive in all markets and do not differentiate pay based on employee work location.
Don’t let imposter syndrome get in your way of an incredible opportunity. We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why you’ll love working here:
At Dave, our people are just as important as our product. Our culture is a reflection of our values that guide who we are, how we work, and what we aspire to be. Daves are member centric, helpful, transparent, persistent, and better together. We strive to create an environment where all Daves feel valued, heard, and empowered to do their best work. As a virtual first company, team members can live and work anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
A few of our benefits & perks:
• Opportunity to tackle tough challenges, learn and grow from fellow top talent, and help millions of people reach their personal financial goals
• Flexible hours and virtual first work culture with a home office stipend
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Financial advisor and financial wellness support
• Flexible PTO and generous company holidays, including Juneteenth and Winter Break
• All-company in-person events once or twice a year and virtual events throughout to connect with your team members and leadership team
Dave, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on any basis protected by federal, state, or local law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.