Los Angeles, California
Full Time Exempt
Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
This person will spend the vast majority of their time managing and mentoring team members, but must still be a strong engineer capable of reviewing code and contributing to the codebase when necessary.
- We're looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong engineering background to mentor, motivate, and grow our engineering team
- Write job descriptions and work with recruiters, tech leads, and the engineering director to hire engineers
- Define and execute on an engineering on-boarding process
- Manage goal-setting, motivation, and performance management for individual engineers
- Work with product managers and other leaders to ensure teams and projects are staffed appropriately
- Have regular one-on-ones with individuals on the team to understand pain points and facilitate communication
- Act as a communication conduit between individual contributors and the executive team
- Prepare to scale the engineering team
- Collaborate with tech leads to define tasks and priorities
- Review code
- Remove roadblocks for team members, both technical and otherwise
- Resolve conflicts
- Contribute to internal tools to improve the development process
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ leadership or management experience
- A desire to help others grow and succeed
- Experience in a fast-growing startup
Benefits & Perks:
· Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Voluntary life insurance plan
· Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.