(React/React Native) Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Los Angeles, California
Full Time Exempt
Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
Dave is looking for talented Senior Engineers to play an instrumental role in building products that help millions of people improve their relationship with money. We're looking for passionate software engineers interested in front end development. If you're excited to join a tight-knit collaborative team with a mission of helping others, we'd love to hear from you.
Summary of Duties
- Provide technical leadership and assist guiding the team's overall technical direction
- Daily frontend coding on web and/or mobile in React.js and React Native
- We’re looking for talented Senior Engineers to play an instrumental role in building products that help millions of people
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build products leveraging frameworks such as React.js & React Native
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions
- Offer mentorship and pair with other engineers regularly
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development with a front-end focus.
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and aesthetic sensibilities.
- The ability to discuss and explain system architecture and component design.
- Expert knowledge of modern CSS constructs (flex-box, etc) and responsive design principles.
- Experience with Node.js, building production mobile applications in React Native are pluses
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment doesn't hurt either
Benefits & Perks:
· Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Voluntary life insurance plan
· Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.