Medical Science Liaison (North East Territory)
Remote - North East US /
Medical Affairs /
MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON (NORTH EAST TERRITORY)
Day One Bio is an emerging, mission-driven, drug development company intentionally designed to identify, clinical evaluate, and successfully commercialize novel treatments for pediatric oncology patients, and ultimately to expand those benefits to patients of all ages. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.dayonebio.com.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) within Medical Affairs will have the overall responsibility of serving as a field-based extension of Day One Bio’s Medical Affairs and will represent the Company and our lead investigational compound Tovorafenib, currently being evaluated for treatment of pLGG and RAF-altered solid tumors. The MSL will provide scientific exchange, launch activities support, clinical trial and research support, KOL engagement and the enrollment of ongoing development trials and pipeline products as requested. The MSL will report into the National Director of Field Medical, Medical Affairs. The Northeast MSL will be responsible for the territory including ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NJ and New York City, which may be subject to some modification.
The MSL will build long term peer to peer relationships with researchers, thought leaders, and other stakeholders specializing in Pediatric Oncology treatment for the assigned region. The MSL will support Day One Bio’s clinical and research programs by delivering clinical, scientific, and technical education to the Pediatric Oncology community, but may also include the Adult Hematology/Oncology community and thought leaders. The MSL is responsible for developing, coordinating, and assuring implementation of Day One Biopharmaceuticals’ corporate, scientific, and clinical strategies with thought leaders within academic, clinical, and healthcare organizations. Scientific exchanges will support and/or expand current therapeutic concepts, as well as ensure the safe and compliant utilization of Day One Bio product(s). Additionally, the MSL may support Day One Bio’s research initiatives including real world data generation, and investigator-sponsored trials (ISTs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Establish Day One Bio as an innovative company committed to Pediatric oncology
· Maintainclinical,scientific,andtechnicalexpertiseinrelevantPediatric Oncology tumors and other disease state areas as required, which will include some Adult Hematology/Oncology disease states.
· Have a thorough understanding of pLGG and RAF-altered solid tumors (as well as other relevant disease states), drug development processes, clinical protocols, and related procedures
· Collaborate compliantly with medical affairs, clinical development, and other internal stakeholders and serve as a Day One Bio resource to HCPs, and large group medical practices when requested
· Develop and track key opinion leader (KOL) engagement plans – identify, develop and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with KOLs within assigned region. Participate in medical and scientific exchanges with the medical/ scientific community including advisory boards and clinical trial sites
· Provide medical/ clinical teams with feedback and insights from interactions with KOLs and investigators
· Respond to and document unsolicited requests for information on Day One Bio products and clinical programs
· Support internal requests for dossier review and medical review/considerations as requested
· Facilitate research collaborations and investigator sponsored trials [IST] with key investigators including helping to identify, establish, and maintain such collaborations.
· Represent the company at medical meetings through Medical Affairs’ Scientific Booth coverage and other related activities
· Engage in speaker identification, training and evaluation and provide support for advisory board meetings as requested
· Collaborate with Market Access and Commercial colleagues for thought leaders and institutional engagement where appropriate and compliant
· Adhere to corporate SOPs and ensure vigilant compliance with relevant legal and regulatory guidelines (including but not limited to PhRMA) governing scientific interactions with physicians and healthcare professionals across all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
· A doctorate level degree is preferred (i.e., Pharm D, PhD, MD, or DNP); an advanced professional degree in healthcare will be considered in the context of previous clinical, academic or industry experience
· MSL level will be determined based on degree and Pharma/MSL experience in Oncology and/or Pediatric Oncology (min 5 – 10 years’ experience)
· Oncology MSL experience strongly preferred and/or pharmaceutical industry experience (e.g. Medical Information, Medical Communications, etc.) focused in Oncology and/or a minimum of 2 years of clinical or research experience in the area of Pediatric Oncology
· Ability to travel, locally and regionally, up to 50% with overnight stays (e.g., KOL meetings, site locations, internal meetings, medical meetings/congresses, and training)
· Knowledge of FDA requirements and PhRMA Code, including regulations governing compliant scientific exchange
· Demonstrated ability to integrate and work in cross functional network/matrix
· Demonstrated project management ability
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
· Valid driver’s license
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Day One Biopharmaceuticals will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Day One Biopharmaceuticals do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Day One Biopharmaceuticals or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Day One Biopharmaceutical’s internal HR team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Day One Biopharmaceuticals, and Day One Biopharmaceuticals will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.