Katowice, Poland /
Technology – Software Engineering /
Streaming live events brings unique challenges, as millions of fans join our broadcasts in a short space of time. We are looking for a backend engineer who is passionate about building a modern, scalable and resilient platform and pushes the boundaries on playback excellence. We give you the autonomy over the software you build and freedom to choose the right tool for the job. In return, we expect you to take ownership of the system.
The services owned by this team provide our front-end clients with all the information needed to successfully play content on the device of their choice, protect our intellectual property from piracy, and monitor the customer playback experience; ultimately helping to drive the roadmap for improvement at DAZN. The Playback team, known internally as the ‘Goats, consists of very positive people that are a high performing, autonomous and are always open for helping others.
This role can be based in Katowice or you can work in a Hybrid basis.
As our new Software Engineer you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Build and maintain scalable microservices.
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers to deliver a compelling user experience.
- Deliver maintainable, robust and testable code.
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business.
- Evolve and design the services that power and monitor our video streaming.
- Partner with the other Software Engineering teams to create end to end solutions.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with GIT.
- Writing unit/integration tests (understanding its value).
- Very good communication skills with people at all seniority levels (English required).
Even better if you have:
- Technical understanding of video encoding, DRM, Video Playback.
- Experience with cloud and/or microservices (preferred AWS).
- Experience with REST API.
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery experience.
- Worked in a “Build it, own it” model.
- Infrastructure as code.
- Service Monitoring.
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN streaming service
- Tax incentive
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Employee Assistance Program (psychological, managerial, legal and financial counselling)
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.