Lead Android Developer
Hyderabad, India /
A - Dept HM uses to open req – 61-416 - Technology - Hyderabad /
Is your next career move to lead a team of Android developers and drive the development of high-quality Android apps to help enhance user experience and grow DAZN's OTT platform?
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. Our new Hyderabad tech hub will be the engine that drives us forward to the future. We’re pushing boundaries and doing things no-one has done before. Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen - to make a difference for our customers. When you join DAZN you will work on projects that impact millions of lives thanks to your critical contributions to our global products
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting-edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This role will be based in our brand-new Hyderabad office. Join us in India’s beautiful “City of Pearls” and bring your ambition to life.
Lead Android Developer
- Work in a fun and fast-paced environment.
- 2-3 years’ experience in leading development teams
- Participate in requirements gathering, design, development, QA, support.
- Communicate with different stakeholders such as QA, Project Managers and Product Owners
- Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Groom, mentor and upskill team members with modern technologies and development practices
- 6-8 years of experience in Android Development using Java/Kotlin
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, Android flavours and Android ecosystem
- Strong command over Android design principles, platform's advantages & limitations.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with consuming RESTful web services
- Experience with push notification integration, deep linking etc.
- Experience with the latest development paradigms like functional and reactive programming
Good to have skills:
- Knowledge of cloud-based services like AWS and GCP.
- Working knowledge of Video streaming and playback
- Knowledge of modern programming paradigms like functional and reactive programming.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.