Social Media Manager (Engagement & Activation) DACH m/f/d
Munich, Germany /
Content & Production – Editorial /
Your heart beats for sports and you are a social media expert? You understand the motivations why fans love sports and what they are looking for on social media?
As Social Media Manager at world's biggest sports streaming platform you can play a crucial part in how DAZN DACH interacts with their target audiences on all relevant social media channels where DAZN organically reaches millions of sports fans every day.
You will be reporting into our Social Engagement & Activation Lead, finding engaging stories, cover the most exciting live events and manage our channels. Moreover, you will be supporting our social media team in achieving short- and long-term performance goals and help to drive monetization by developing innovative formats and collaborations. In this role you will be working with peers in multiple other departments, especially Production & Editorial, Consumer Marketing and Sales.
This role is based in Ismaning/Munich. Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, Ticket Plus flexible voucher card, a family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for mobile working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Social Media Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Manage the social media channels of DAZN DACH (TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter)
- Be always up-to-speed in the world of sports, spot the most exciting news and find a creative and brand-fitting way to use them for our social media channels
- Cover the most-exciting sports events and create engaging content and unforgettable moments on our social media channels
- Develop new social media formats
- Support campaigns with athletes or influencers
- Help to discover further growth and monetization opportunities, e.g., on platforms like Twitch
- Work closely with peers in multiple other in-house departments
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience in social media, ideally within the sports publishing or entertainment landscape
- Passion for sports, with a brilliant understanding of how fans want to consume it on social media
- Creative and quick-thinking mindset
- Brilliant eye for trending news and social media topics
- Great communication skills & independent and team-minded way of working
- Ability to coordinate different projects and multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability and will to work flexible around sport events (weekends and evenings)
- Fluent language skills in German and English, both verbal and written
Even better if you have also:
- Passion and expertise for US sports (NFL, NBA)
- Ability to cut & edit video content
- Bachelor's degree or completed traineeship (German: Volontariat)
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.