Head of Product
Madrid, Spain /
Product – Product Management /
As a Head of Product – You are responsible for leading and aligning on product, operations and local market issues along with launch and in life management of DAZN within the local region.
Reporting into the VP: Regional Product - You will develop strong relationships with the regional leadership teams and the central teams across DAZN to ensure alignment on local priorities work closely with central teams to deliver on these local needs
You will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. You are a leader and ensure the best out of their team in market.
- Own new territory requirements and new market launch working with commercial, operations and marketing to align requirements.
- Drive outcome focused execution of roadmap
- Obsess over customer journeys and ensure we have the best most commercially successful customer experience possible.
- Bridge the gap between local CEOs and central teams to ensure local team requirements are being represented centrally and central roadmaps and thinking are shared back into the market
- Work with customer support to understand local issues ensuring they are understood and picked up
- Use DAZN data services, ensure KPIs are met and raising any issues with global teams for resolution
- Ensure new features are rolled out in market efficiently and are translated and localized to ensure they are being used as effectively as possible
- Support local marketing endeavors to ensure they are able to execute their plans and drive subscriptions
- Hire and manage local teams to ensure goals and performance reviews are conducted and their pastoral needs are met
- Mentor more junior members of the team
- Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video market and consumer electronics, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
- Manage all local market intelligence, be the eyes and ears in the local market to ensure a solid understanding of the competition, local trends and challenges
- Travel to London, UK regularly
Skills / Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Solid years of relevant work experience
- Team leadership experience
- May lead projects with broad visibility
- Experience of agile methodologies
- Strong requirement composition skills, with experience writing BDD User Stories and Acceptance Criteria in an Agile environment
- Excellent program organization, product management, and coordination skills
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior management
- Understanding of cross-functional implications of own work
- Understanding of the challenges of launching products in multiple markets
- Experience of managing 3rd party partners and suppliers
- Background of delivering business value; improve user and customer experience and providing maximum return on investment.
- Strong English is a must along with solid written and verbal Spanish
Attributes / Characteristics
- Able to work across organizational leaders to formulate health metrics and OKRs for a cross-functional working group
- Able to lead change across wider business groups related to area of responsibility
- Decomposes significantly complex technical propositions into straightforward solutions and able to articulate to non-technical leaders
- Can participate in development of contract terms with external parties
- Decomposes complex propositions into straightforward opportunities, providing context, data and prioritisation
- Able to identify opportunities across multiple services/features/architectures to satisfy the common user needs
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.