Freelance Playout Director, Linear
Leeds, United Kingdom /
Operations – Broadcast Services /
Do you live and breathe sport? Have transmission experience in live sports broadcasting? What are you waiting for? There’s a brand new role with one of the fastest growing sports broadcasters in the world. Ready, Steady, Apply!
As our Freelance Playout Director, your responsibility will include broadcasting various live sports events to our Spanish and Italian linear channels and unique OTT product. Our linear and OTT channels transmit globally to our various territories and you’ll take ownership for managing these communications as well as communications between our global production facilities.
We’re a dynamic, evolving ‘live’ environment where no two days are the same. We thrive on the excitement of transmitting seamless major sporting events to our subscribers around the world. We are proud of our vibrant Leeds team at the helm of the broadcast arm of the business. So, if you’re also a bit of a chameleon who enjoys adapting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities, then this could be the role for you!
Due to our live sports schedule, this is shift based so working hours are very flexible including nights, weekends, national and public holidays.
As our new Freelance Playout Director, you’ll have to opportunity to:
- Execute scheduled live events to ensure exact content is broadcast at the correct time
- Monitor and quality control all signals in and out of transmission
- Load, prepare and transmit playout schedules
- Ensure all scheduled media is available for playout each day and communication with the relevant channels if anything is missing/incorrect (e.g. graphics or production)
- Provide support of all Transmission services and equipment
- Pre-empt all possible faults and a resolution plan ready to minimise ‘on-air’ impact
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Commercial experience working in transmission with knowledge of file based media preparation
- Experience working in a live sports environment
- Operational and technical experience with broadcast automation systems
- A good understanding of IP protocols and familiar with the technologies and processes of delivering IP content
Even better if you have:
- Familiarity with file delivery workflows
- Awareness of broadcast rules and regulations and compliance requirements
- Experience with the Morpheus automation system, UX or the hard client
- Languages – Spanish, Italian,
- Experience working in a global organisation
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.