Associate Legal Counsel m/f/d
Business Support – Legal
As Associate Legal Counsel, you will provide legal support to all parts of the DAZN business in DACH, which includes commercial, contentious, intellectual property, regulatory and property matters across various jurisdictions (with assistance from outside counsel, where necessary). You will work under the direction of the Legal Counsel (DACH). Occasionally you will provide German legal advice to other divisions within DAZN, such Spox.com and goal.com.
You will have a fantastic opportunity for a media and/or commercial lawyer to move into one of the most exciting businesses in the sports industry.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Negotiate and draft major sports rights deals in DACH
- Negotiate and draft distribution agreements with partners in DACH
- Pick up and lead the legal support on important projects for the DACH business
- Negotiate and draft high value contracts with technology service providers in DACH
- Provide legal research on German case law and EU regulations
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Relevant work experience as a lawyer qualified in German law
- Having trained at and subsequently worked in a highly successful and recognised commercial team either in private practice, or a strong in-house team in the media or IP/IT sector
- Experience of copyright licensing, whether relating to the acquisition and/or distribution of content
- Experience with data protection law to ensure compliance with GDPR and other European data protection requirements
- Excellent technical legal skills, especially first-class drafting and interpretative abilities
- Experience with a wide range of commercial and/or technology services contracts
- An excellent ability to write and speak German and English
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- A willingness to operate out of his or her comfort zone and a willingness to play a proactive role in developing DAZN’s legal function
- Ability to conduct research and draft reports related to German law
- Reports To (title): Legal Counsel DACH
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Ismaning, Germany
- Hours of Work: 40
GERMANY BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 30 days’ annual leave, company festivities, fresh fruit, coffee and other refreshments.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com